Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A good day's exercise

After a long long time I actually got some exercise. I went swimming. Didn't do much. Couldn't even complete a lap without stopping midway. But it was fun.
Recovering after a long back problem means I have to be very careful about what I do with my body. The doctor advised swimming as he said that it's the best exercise for people with back problems. When you're floating in water, you aren't going against gravity and therefore there's less load on the back. In most other sports/activites you have to be erect and that can strain the back.
It was fun, but it is tiring and I can already feel the fatigue setting in. My eyes are getting heavy and my limbs are becoming loose. I know I'm going to get a good night's sleep. Honestly, I can't wait for it.
For those of you with sleep problems, try exercise, it works. There's nothing like a tired body to put the mind to rest.
So good night folks. Sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't agree more dude...
Me played some cricket today... Thought I didn't do much, 2 hours of continuous standing and running around did bring in some fatigue :D
And swimming is absolutely fantastic man... An hour of that will put You in top shape...