Saturday, November 30, 2013

On What is to be Done

For the past 10370 days I’ve struggled with the idea/concept that I need to do something with my life. Readers of my blog (there are a few around!) will immediately connect to a similarly reflective post written about 4 years ago.

But I’m wiser today (got grey around my temples), more mature (I hope so!) and have a better understanding of what it is to live (or struggle rather!).

I believe I have better perspective today (I see many of my ‘fans’ nodding their heads in disagreement). But, somewhere I feel that I lack clarity (my fans now nod in agreement). And this post is to, sort of, help me with that (my fans go- O.K!).

I’m a deeply reflective sort of person. I can reflect on anything and everything. There are times when I reflect on my reflections. Then I reflect on my reflections of my reflections. And then on my reflections of my reflections of my reflections. And if I’m not doing that, I reflect on why I’m not reflecting.

Many of you would have rightly concluded that this guy suffers from “analysis paralysis”. I guess it comes from a person who’s totally in love with himself (narcissist is a negative word for the same). That’s also why most of my posts are in first person.

So where I am going with this? Patience my dear reader.

I want to be “successful”. Yes, I do (you wouldn’t believe what I had to overcome to write that one small line down). Now, that’s kind of broad- I know!

How would I define “success”? Success is a journey. And in this journey of mine I would like to accomplish the following things-

1.       Become a great sales person.
2.       Become a great businessman.
3.       Become a great writer.
4.       Become a great finance person.

And I would like to fully utilize and create any opportunity that is out there to help me excel in all of the above.

That’s it. That’s all this post is about.


AJai  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
William Ernest Henley